HIGH PRECISION REALTIME SAMPLE TRIGGERING.
apTrigga3 is a multi format audio plugin designed for high precision sample triggering from a variety of sources such as triggers, e-drum pads and microphones. Using a standard audio interface, apTrigga analyzes the incoming audio signals to detect transients. This method creates an ultra-fast ultra-expressive solution for realtime drum sample triggering. apTrigga’s built-in sampling provides a fast and efficient way to create custom multi-velocity round/random robin drum sample presets right in your DAW.
The optional digitalelements sound set is a collection of high quality close mic’d drum samples designed for drum triggering in a live or studio setting. Designed exclusively for apTrigga3, the presets provide a well rounded “Drummers’ Toolbox”. The set includes a wide variety of acoustic and analog presets that have been multi-sampled with a high level of detail for natural performance.
apTrigga 3 Features
- Trigger samples through audio input analysis and transient detection.
- ZERO sample trigger latency.
- Plugin formats: AAX/AudioUnits/VST/VST3 for 32-bit and 64 bit hosts on Mac OS X and Windows
- Trigger input signal & trigger event graph with dynamic settings overlay.
- Unlimited number of samples per preset.
- Round Robin and Random Robin sample playback modes.
- Drag and Drop sample management.
- Input filter section with unlimited filter bands, frequency analyzer and filter graphs.
- Built in sampling: Record from input and bussed audio sources.
- Sample editing tools include cropping and fade time adjustment.
- Sample/Preset modulation: input level to pitch and 4-pole filters.
- Built-in system-wide preset management.
- Import and export of self contained preset files.
- Presets are compatible across platforms and hosts.
- Mac Intel CPU running OS X 10.6.8 or newer
- Windows machine running Windows XP or newer.
- Host application that supports AAX, AudioUnits, VST or VST3 plugins.
- 32-bit & 64-bit operating systems are supported.
DEMO and Manual Downloads
LIMITATIONS OF THE DEMO MODE
- After 5 minutes, random faded bursts of noise are added to the plugin output
- Presets cannot be exported/saved to the preset menu
- The first time the plugin is opened in a session, a demo description dialog is presented.
Transient detection provides an extremely high level of precision and accuracy when used as the method for live or realtime sample triggering . Utilizing a standard audio interface, a wide range of sources can be used as input for triggering.
E-DRUM MODULE SCANNING LOOP
Traditionally, e-drum modules will use a method of scanning input signals for peak detection with a cyclic pattern waiting for peaks in the incoming audio source. This can produce varied and some times unpredictable results. loss of dynamics, tracking (missed hits) and latency.
AUDIO ANALYSIS & TRANSIENT DETECTION
An audio interface provides an "always on" "always listening" method for each and every channel of input. This produces the highest level of detail and the greatest level of expression and dynamics.
Detection presets are a way for the user to custom tailor the response of all the input sources they may use. Saving presets for specific types of input such as drum triggers, drum pads and microphones allow for consistent recall and, the ability to interchange Sample presets and, maintain the same playability from that source.
Built in Sampling
Built in sampling gives you the freedom to create your own custom library with as little or as much detail as you can imagine. The sample playback modes allow you to create your own presets with multilayered Round/Random Robin samples groups found in the most popular drum plugins on the market today. Record from audio input or, bussed audio sources inside your plugin host.
Sample & PRESET Management
Drag and drop features create a fast and efficient workflow for managing and creating presets. System wide tools allow the user to import and export self contained preset files which are compatible across hosts and operating systems.
Extended Sound Set
The digitalelements Sound Set is a collection of high quality close mic’d drum samples designed for drum track replacement and drum triggering. Designed exclusively for apTrigga3, the presets can be used in studio and live applications while triggering from various input sources such as microphones, drum triggers and e-drum pads which are connected directly to your audio interface/sound card inputs.
As a well rounded drummers’ toolbox, the set includes a wide variety of acoustic and analog presets that have been multi sampled with a high level of detail for natural performance. Multiple dynamic levels coupled with multiple samples in each dynamic layer (random robin), create extremely natural and musical playback. Designed specifically for layering and enhancing acoustic kits with a bit of analog love, the utilities presets include sine wave, noise, and spike samples to accentuate attack, and fundamental properties of your acoustic tracks and live drum kits. They also make great add-ons to any live kit with e-drum pads.
The drumbox collection of presets are vintage and classic drum machines along with analog drum module samples that provide those familiar retro and old school flavors.
- 269 presets in 7 categories.
- 250 megabytes of sample data.
- Kicks: Acoustic and synthetic single sample and multi-layer bass drums.
- Snares: Modern & vintage models.
- Toms: Classic sizes with various head and tuning methods.
- drumbox: 145 vintage drum machine sounds. Kick, snare, tom, clap, cross stick, percussion.
- Analog Drums: Classic drum modules and synths. Kick, snare & tom.
- FX: Dynamic and realtime performance presets.
- Utilities: Noise, sine wave and spike samples & isolated snare underside samples (for acoustic layering).